Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fire Works

There were no fireworks tonight.
Today doused coolly
something I didn't take well.
My usually sharp mind failing
to come back conversely
at all from the shock
of his tactfully curt diffusement
of my very short
very flammable
fuse.
An internal display of hurt colored
gunpowder burst
inside spontaneous
human combustion.
My shrapnel punctured heart
bleeding an energetic acetylene gas
that when I drink this bottle of gas station gin
and smoke a pity cig
will ignite.
The blast sending me off in any direction.
I am aiming my tires, horn, and antique bike
down 5th street
see HOW FAR
this unseen fire display send me.

2 comments:

  1. I miss riding my bike down 5th street, and i'll never get the chance again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor foolish lost boy, he.
    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete